[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Brent M. Rust rust at lucasware.com
Thu Jan 20 10:22:52 EST 2005

Don't forget, if you get DSL, I am pretty sure you have to have a home
phone line, which will be an additional 25.00, and you only get
Verizon's lowest rate if you have their long distance package (Freedom
Plan I think). Add all of that up before you compare it to others like
Telerama etc.

Comcast will probably be similar, you will get lower broadband rates if
you subscribe to their cable TV, but no tv, you may not be able to get
the broadband.

Depending on where you live, you could try Wireless Broadband. PulseNet
(their office is in Washington) but they service the Penn Hills area.
Their web site sucks, but you can call the office and ask about it. I
have their service in Burgettstown because they have the town library
and school district, so were an anomoly.

You might want to look in to the Verizon wireless (cellular) broadband.
They service the Pittsburgh area and you would have it everywhere you go
locally. I think it's 80.00 a month and I don't know about the speeds.
Perhaps it's lower if you have verizon wireless for a cell carrier.

Brent