[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:21:14 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:44:52 -0500, Zachary Uram <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> what is cheapest good DSL service in Pittsburgh?
> i'm using various sundry dialup services that <= $9.99/month
> i'm at work from morning till evening weekdays so I don't wanna pay
> for top level DSL service that will be sitting idle most of the time.
> wish there was cheap pay-as-you go DSL service!
> i heard Telerama is good (give you 2 routable static ips) but at
> $90/month not cheap. i am in south hills area. also i'd like a free
> DSL modem with the service since I don't have one and free
> installation/activation.

Verizon is going to be your cheapest service.  You can get it for
about $25 or $30 /month depending on what package you have with them.
I used to have it but drop them about 3 weeks ago for comcast.  The
dsl service was good.  Never had any problems.  However, they kept
jacking up my billings.  I had two instances in a 3 month time from
last year where they disconnected my service because they thought I
was paying my bill.  The first time was just an error on their part,
the second time was because they gave me free service for 2 month for
first time.  When they ran their report of payments and saw that I
wasn't paying they disconnect my.  They didn't realize that they were
giving it to me because they jacked it up.  Other then those problems
I was averaging 1 problem a year for about 4 and half years of DSL
service.  I plan on dropping them completely and switching my phone
service to vonage.  I just can't deal with them any more.

Chris