[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Jan 20 10:21:08 EST 2005

Sometime in January Jason Jerome assaulted the keyboard and produced:
| I believe I pay $29.99/month for my DSL through Verizon

I know they are "Tha Man" and all, but I've been using Verizons DSL service
for about four years. The Man's webpage says the speeds for the 29.99/month
service is 1.5 Mbps/384 Kbps and you get a free modem/wireless router [1].

They don't support linux, but once you've got it installed it doesn't
matter. I had to, many years ago, borrow the group laptop with windows on
it to setup my dsl.

[1] http://www22.verizon.com/forhomedsl/channels/dsl/package+price.asp

I've only delt with their technical service a couple times and they were
pretty amiable if I remember correctly.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E