[wplug] Pittsburgh DSL questions

Greg Akins gakins at insomnia-consulting.org
Wed Jan 19 21:41:26 EST 2005

Now that's good customer service;')

I love Armstrong and have always had great service. I called when I had
VPN problems and thought I remember more ports being blocked than that.

Anyways, someone sent me to a site that used a Java Applet to scan my
Internet IP address for open ports and it found none?  Either Armstrong
is blocking more; or my FloppyFW firewall is doing a really good job.

I'd love any additional ideas re: running servers using dynamic IP.  I'd
like to run my own mailserver.

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 19:29, Darius Cardren wrote:
> no-ip.com and a port redirect on it
>
> (go head and switch 1 less person to call work when we have an outage ;))
>
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:24:45 -0500, rcthomas <rcthomas at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I live up here in Meadville and as you may have guessed I have Armstrong
> > cable..
> > I have just built a SME server with the intention of running a web server on
> > it only to find out all of the damn ports are blocked. I would greatly
> > appreciate if you could tell me how you are doing this with no-ip,as you are
> > the only hope I have even found on the internet of being able to do it.
> > Otherwaise I must give up on the idea or switch to Alltel's DSL which I
> > prefer not to do.
> > Thanks a lot
> > Rich Thomas
> > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.