[wplug] Dual boot

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Jan 19 15:16:18 EST 2005

	Not that I've seen.  Does the machine have a floppy?  Simplest
thing to do is to make a boot floppy.
I generally:
dd if=/dev/hda of=my_mbr bs=512 count=2 and place this somewhere safe
then
install Winderz, get it all working
boot from floppy
dd if=my_mbr of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=2
then do the edits to grub for adding windoze

(MBR = 512k block size and it occupies the first 2 blocks)

...but there are surely other means.  I got lazy on one system and used
some free boot tool, but found it superfluous - but that's another
option.

Don