[wplug] orphaned kdeinit?

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Jan 18 12:30:34 EST 2005

Russ Schneider <russ at sugapablo.com> wrote:

> I just opened Konqueror and 9 kdeinits showed up.  They're still there
> even though I closed Konqueror.
> A) Why is the happening?

This is a guess more than anything, but KDE has things that run in the
background (kioslaves and such) for communication between processes.
I imagine they hang around to make it quicker next time you open up
Konqueror again.

> B) Is this supposed to be happening?

Yes... I think?

> C) Besides just going through ans killing the processes, how do I clear
> them out?

They shouldn't really hurt anything.  You can't necessarily believe
top - a lot of processes use shared memory and so aren't consuming as
many resources as you may think.

If you want to take drastic steps, you could always switch to GNOME.