[wplug] Learning XML technologies

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 10 23:15:28 EST 2005

The best resource I've found for this sort of stuff is Zvon.org.
They've got tutorials and a web enabled work space where you can play
around with XSLT, XPath, and XQuery.  Quite nice stuff and it's what I
used to learn XSLT.

If you're looking for a programming API to use, I recommend libxml2.
It's got bindings for most languages and is really fast, and in my
opinion easier to understand than SAX and DOM parsing (the two prominent
XML processing methods).  The only downside is that the python bindings
require a bit of memory management.  How terribly un-pythonic.

--Patrick