[wplug] Learning XML technologies

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:29:13 EST 2005

I've got a pretty bland question. I hope somebody can stomach to answer it.

I'm wanting to familiarize myself with some of the more popular XML
standards... XML Schema, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, the DOM, etc. What sort
of freely-available tools do you suggest that I work with to build up
my skills?

I don't normally do development on Linux systems. I work on database
applications during the day (I work at an all-MS shop; I have no
choice), and I have run and/or am running Red Hat 6-9 and Fedora Core
1-2 at home. And I use both vi and Emacs (yes, it's my favorite!) on
my home system.

Any advice?
--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>