[wplug] My Debian died

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 10 22:07:10 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:33:21PM -0500, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> I have two questions here for Debian users.  I'm on Testing. First,
> assuming I use apt-get exclusively for software installation, where can I
> see a list of the last 'n' packages installed?

I don't know how to do this with vanilla apt-get, since it doesn't log
its actions.  But if you don't do "apt-get clean" regularly, you might
be able to list the contents of /var/cache/apt/archives by date to get
some idea.

> Second, did something crazy just happen recently with the Debian packages?
> Out of the blue, my xmms just stopped working, telling me that it can't
> find libmikmod.so.2 --I've never had this problem before, but I go to
> apt-get install libmikmod2 and apt cheerfully asks me if I wnt to download
> 404 MB of archives and update virtually every package on my system.

I also run testing, but haven't seen this.
My libmikmod2 is version 3.1.11-a-6 and xmms is 1.2.10-2.

Try posting your sources.list for more help.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u