[wplug] DVD compatibility

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Mon Jan 10 09:16:29 EST 2005

Well, this is what I get for touting a product.

I just bought a stack (100) blank DVD+R disks 2 weeks ago.  I went to
start.... <ahem> backing up some DVD movies this weekend.  My fabulous
Memorex is a coaster factory with this media.  I tried 3 burning
programs and 2 types of media - all fail at 25% (and cause the burning
program in question to "go walkabout").

I found that there is a firmware update that provides "added media
compatibility" - but the update is a Windoze executable.  Once I got the
burner up under Windoze I ran it - and the update locks the system hard.

Ugh.

Don