[wplug] DVD compatibility

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 7 15:05:47 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 14:36 -0500, Vanco, Don wrote:
> >Anyone out there have any experience burning DVD that are
> >compatible with
> >DVD readers?

You may just have to accept that some DVD drives just won't read burnt
discs, it's annoying but that seems to be the case.  I've tried burned
DVDs, both data and video, from about 10 different sources on laptop and
I've never gotten it to read a single one.  They all seem to work fine
on my wife's laptop and most (but not all) of the videos play fine on my
Sony 1st generation DVD player.

Yay for crap shoots.

--Patrick