[wplug] cp Maildir to new machine

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling+ at pitt.edu
Mon Jan 3 14:00:13 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:13:52PM -0500, Jonathan S Billings wrote:

> I suggest using tar to write a 'tar' archive, copy that to the USB
> device, then un-tar the archive on the new system.

That did it. The strange thing was that when I tarred the
entire home directory, the mail directories came out blank
after I untarred. When I *just* did the Maildir, it was
fine. Weird, but I'm not gonna try to figure it out since I
now have my email.

I had the wherewithal to do this from the beginning; I was
just barking up the wrong problem (i.e. it was the vfat
thing and not a cp or tar problem).

Thanks for the redirection!

SFK

--
Scott F. Kiesling

Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Pittsburgh

2816 Cathedral of Learning     Phone: 1-412-624-5916
Pittsburgh, PA 15217 USA       Fax: 1-412-624-6130

kiesling at pitt.edu
http://www.pitt.edu/~kiesling/skpage.html
http://www.linguistics.pitt.edu