[wplug] Monthly LINUX Publication Recommendation for a Newbie

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Jan 2 17:00:23 EST 2005

"Vanco, Don" <don.vanco at agilysys.com> wrote:

> If you want to buy something physical I'd say Linux Journal
> (http://www.linuxjournal.com I think) - and also note the online

LJ is excellent, but I might hesitate to recommend it to a complete
novice.  There will surely be helpful items in there, but you may have
to wade through the more advanced stuff to get to it.

The publishers of LJ are coming out with a new magazine called TUX
<http://www.tuxmagazine.com/> which is geared specifically to the
desktop/new user.  Of course, there's no guarantee it'll live up to
its promise, but it looks like it'll be good.  See
<http://www.onlamp.com/pub/wlg/5949> for a preview.