[wplug] XFree86 on dell with lcd (e173fp)

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Feb 28 15:49:49 EST 2005

Sometime in February Vanco, Don assaulted the keyboard and produced:
| 	What are you using to make the config changes?  I have not
| messed with FC3 at all, but found their counterparts in Red Hat Desktop
| to be rather clunky.  Can you set it for "Generic LCD 1024x768) and get
| anything out of it?  I found  Ihad to run the config tools with some
| option like --reconfigure to keep it from getting it's brains scrambled
| by reading the current (and broken) config.

Originally they used the 'redhat-config-desktop' (or some similar command)
to run this gui thing. From that they tried the "Generic LCD 1024x768"
among others. I selected the "Genereic ..." before I started mucking around
with it by hand.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi