[wplug] Survey questions - Mac hardware/OS X/Linux??

Brian Sammon wplug-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 24 23:51:48 EST 2005

> "Open source" issues have never plagued me... Actually, even "open" sources
> aren't very transparent to me, because I don't know what I'd be looking at,
> and I certainly wouldn't make any changes to the underlying source! Somehow,
> I don't think I'm alone here...
>
> I use linux because it is simply a better choice in some circumstances.
> Nevertheless, for the purists among us feeling threatened by the dark side
> of OSX closed source, you may find solitude here:
>
> http://www.opendarwin.org/

I have a powerbook that is dual-boot OpenDarwin and Linux.  It didn't come
with OSX and I haven't bothered to buy it yet.

> http://www.xdarwin.org/

This site is rather worthless.  As far as I can tell, none of the people who
actually contribute code to the XWindows Darwin support actually contribute to
the xdarwin.org website.