[wplug] Survey questions - Mac hardware/OS X/Linux??

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Thu Feb 24 21:44:38 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 05:22:58PM -0500, Jennifer Landefeld wrote:
> (1) How many folk in our group are Mac hardware & OS X users with a
> partition for Linux?

> (2) Do we have any users who bought new/used Mac equipment to load just
> Linux by itself (as opposed to Intel/AMD)? What flavor?

I've bought a Cube and a TiBook just to run Linux (although I later
got rid of the TiBook -- couldn't stand the keyboard and one-button
mouse).  And I plan to get a Mini to use as a (Linux only) MythTV
front end.  I don't have any use for closed-source operating systems,
even if they're BSD and Mach-based and have lots of nice eye candy.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u