[wplug] Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Thu Feb 24 20:31:51 EST 2005

Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group
Wake up, Southwestern Pennsylvania!
We are starting up a PostgreSQL users group right here in Pittsburgh.

Presently, we are in the bootstrapping phase.  Please visit http://postgresql.moertel.com/ until
we get a real home. But we do have a couple of mailing lists, and that is where the start-up
discussions are taking place, right now. If you are at all interested, sign up:

    * postgresql-announce – postgresql-announce-subscribe at lists.moertel.com
    * postgresql-users    – postgresql-users-subscribe at lists.moertel.com

The announce mailing list is a low-volume list for announcements only. The users list is for
general discussion. (If you subscribe to users, you do not need to subscribe to announce because
the list moderators will cc: all announcements to the users list.)

* Talks:

We need people to give talks.  Please do not be shy.  Give a talk it won't hurt.

* Next Meeting:

Currently the meeting date is the second Wednesday of the month.  This is shared with the
Pittsurgh Perl Mongers (http://pgh.pm.org).  As interest builds the meeting date and time might
change.
The next meeting will be March 9 at 19:00 at Slaymaker Systems, Inc. [http://www.slaysys.com/] in
Oakland:

Slaymaker Systems, Inc.
4914 Baum Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

If we don't get a talk scheduled we will just plan on going out and getting some dinner and beer
while talking about whatever but will most likely include OSS topics and future plans for the
Pittsburgh PostgreSQL Users Group.

Note:

This is message is being posted to the Pittsburgh Perl Mongers and the Western Pennsylvania's
Linux Users' group as well as some individuals that have expressed interest in the group.  Please
invite others that you think will be interested.

=====
Robert Blackwell
robert at robertblackwell.com
AIM: robertdblackwell