[wplug] Survey questions - Mac hardware/OS X/Linux??

Jennifer Landefeld jennsbl at jennsbl.com
Thu Feb 24 17:22:58 EST 2005

Hey all,

I was in a nice seminar by a couple local Apple folk. They asked a
question I can't answer about our group.

I know I've been a Mac hardware user and work primarily in OS X these
days. At one point I did load (dual boot) Yellow Dog on one of my
systems.

Now to the questions:

(1) How many folk in our group are Mac hardware & OS X users with a
partition for Linux?

(2) Do we have any users who bought new/used Mac equipment to load just
Linux by itself (as opposed to Intel/AMD)? What flavor?

The Apple folks questions made me curious so I thought I'd ask. (-:

My initial response to them was that I'd venture most of use using
Linux were looking for the least expensive alternative for computing
and chose "cheap" hardware and didn't necessarily load purchased
flavors of Linux (though many of us do buy Redhat, SuSE, etc.)

Cheers,
Jenn