[wplug] wplug@wplug.org list usage suggestions

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Feb 22 21:02:17 EST 2005

Hello,

The following is just my opinion with a few suggestions for wplug at wplug.org
posters.

WPLUG welcomes all Linux and Open Source related questions - general or
specific, beginner level or advanced, WPLUG-specific or global interest,
political or technical.

Please keep in mind that wplug at wplug.org is a public list which is archived
on the Internet for the benefit of the greater Linux community. All
archives can be found at the following address
http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug/

This means that all posts are readable by all of the subscribers to this list
(close to 300 readers) and anyone else in the whole wide world. Readers
from all over find posts to wplug at wplug.org by using google. Please think
about who might read your post one of these days. The rule of thumb that I like
to use is this: If I would not want my boss to read it, I don't post it.

When posting, please be considerate of the readers and their time.
Pick a meaningful subject. When posting something off-topic, mention that the
post is off-topic in the subject line. Use spell check. Read your post before
you send it. Be aware of how often you post since each post is one message
in each subscribers inbox. If you have many quick questions try to
combine them in one post. Please contemplate the appropriateness of your
.sig file for use with this list. Be nice and do not cuss.

For legal purposes, please consider this as a publicly published forum.
Do not ask us how to do anything illegal. Take caution when naming an
individual or organization. Do not share priority information in which
you are bound by an NDA. Sorry, there are no secrets here folks.

A more complete etiquette guide for mailing list posting can be found
here. http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html

I ask these things as a personal favor.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher