[wplug] RE: question that needs answering

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at alumni.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 22 17:31:55 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 00:23, Steve Bierly wrote:
> I am looking for a fairly simple version of linux that
> is a good starter if anyone know what would be good to
> start with. I was told that Mandrake and Debian were
> probably the easiest. If you have info that could help
> I waould like to hear from you.

Argh. *Please* start with a new message each time you wish to ask a new
question, and try to use meaningful subjects. My inbox currently is
filled with "what system would work", "one more question", "thanks" and
"question that needs answering" messages.

It would make much more sense to have clear, meaningful subjects that
indicate what precisely the message is about. Makes it much easier to
use the mailing list archives too!

Try reading http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html when you
get the chance.

Cheers