[wplug] Re: which linux is for me

smk smk at fyi.net
Tue Feb 22 10:22:51 EST 2005

Picking a distro of linux is more a personal preference than anything.  I
personally use redhat because that what I started on and just stuck with
it over the last few years.
In my experience basic run-of-the-mill hardware usually works fine with
RH.  I have an older Dell PC (400mhz P3, I believe) and had no problems
with RH 9 picking up the hardware but of course your milage may very from
system to sysytem.
Linux works on laptops, but I never done it.  I'll let somebody else
handle that question.

These sites should give you a good idea what hardware is supported.
http://www.linuxcompatible.org
http://www.linux-tested.com/

I would suggest coming to an install fest. :-)

Scott