[wplug] Wi-Fi Mapping in the Press

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 18 16:54:28 EST 2005

Mac addresses?  Why?  It's amazing how many people aren't aware about
the following simple command:

ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

lets you dynamically change your MAC address on your card.  I'll leave
it as an exercise for the interested reader to determine how to use
airsnort to break a WEP key and then use kismet to get MAC addresses of
a network and then connect to any "secure" network.

--Patrick