[wplug] Wi-Fi Mapping in the Press

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri Feb 18 15:50:24 EST 2005

    Bill, why are you sending blank messages with attachments? I'm
confused...

> Have you ever actually done this?

    Nope! I have not actually done this, but lots of people have, with
pretty good results.

> Wifi is horribly unreliable for last-mile connections.  Latency is wildly
> variable and unpredictabe, packet loss is high ... it just sucks.  I've
> got multiple experiences with this to prove it.

    Hm. I don't think the other wireless groups would have even bothered, if
this were the case. What kind of equipment were you using? How did you have
it setup? Did you do a writeup?

    Also, I suggest a shootout here in Pittsburgh -- those interested should
contact me offlist, and we'll get together to try to test some of these
things. I'd do it myself, but I can't be on both sides of the river at the
same time =_)