[wplug] Wi-Fi Mapping in the Press

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Fri Feb 18 14:41:35 EST 2005

I would say the cost is more then just bandwidth, it would be legel
costs, how will a bussness respond when the polic come asking questions
about the illegel activitys that has taken place on thier network.
Right now the easiest way to track who did what is the Mac address, so
eather the company will have to track those by having the users register
(more cost) or should we have a national database of Mac address for all
wireless cards?  If I was a bussness I would not want to face those
costs.  Time, Resources, Money, and Human.