[wplug] trackpad on powerbook

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Feb 10 19:03:17 EST 2005

I'm replying to myself because this is a response to many different
suggestions. The first thing I tried was based on a suggestion from someone
on the debian-powerpc mailing list. That individual said:

| It happened to me once on my ibook g4: mouse didn't work. The only
| solution I had found (but I'm not able to reproduce since it never
| happened anymore) was to reset PRAM, pressing apple-alt-p-r during
| boot.

This didn't work.

Next for the live cd's. I tried the ubuntu (built 2005.01.20) and I got the
same result. The mouse didn't work, but I eventually opened a terminal to
check what the xorg.conf file was looking for. The snyaptics trackpad
setting was pointed to /dev/psaux. Billings mentioned that the correct
device should be /dev/adbmouse  (or something similar). It seems  strange
that a linux live cd would be pointing to an incorrect device, so I'm not
sure what to think here. There is a /dev/adb, but this doesn't work either.
I tried to cat /dev/adb and I got an input/output error.

So any other thoughts would be useful.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F65A739E