[wplug] trackpad on powerbook

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 9 19:54:01 EST 2005

So I decided it was time to get a laptop and I got a powerbook. Naturally
the first thing I did was repartition the drive to install linux. Now I've
got debian installed and it's dual booting between osx and debian just
fine. After installing and configure X, gdm starts and x _looks_ fine.
However, the mouse doesn't work. I've tried various devices in the
XF86Config file:

/dev/input/mice
/dev/input/mouse0
/dev/input/mouse1
/dev/psaux

though none of them seem to work. I realize that apple just started using
trackpads which give the use scrollwheel like functionality. Is it possible
that this is what is wrong?

I've looked around on the web and most of the pages about installing linux
on powerbooks are pretty old. Can someone from the list who messes around
with linux on apples suggest a more up to date resource?

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E