[wplug] smb file editing

redtoade redtoade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:53:14 EST 2005

I don't really have a clear picture of what you're attempting to do,
but I'm assuming that you're simply trying to mount a Windows share to
Linux:

1.  man smbmount:  specifially dmask and fmask.
2.  depending on which Win32 flavor you're using dictates how
authentication is passed to that machine.  But in any case,  it's very
simple to verify username and password on THAT machine LOCALLY.  And
the type of error that you get when it's a windows permissions problem
is very different from the type of problem you're decribing.