[wplug] howto remotely administer M$ machines from Debian GNU/Linux

Vance Kochenderfer vance at happylemur.com
Sat Feb 5 20:59:43 EST 2005

Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> RDP seems to make a nice terminal server system.  It performs better
> than VNC, in addition to being more secure, and it's simpler to use
> than X.

Check out NoMachine.  I haven't used it for anything real, but
I tried out their testdrive.  You can actually run KDE or Gnome
usably (albeit slowly) over a 33 Kbps dialup connection.  Very
slick.  <http://www.nomachine.com/>
<http://freshmeat.net/projects/nx/>

vance at happylemur.com      |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger