[wplug] Data Recovery

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Feb 4 13:47:39 EST 2005

Zachary Uram wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:01:11 -0500 (EST), Drew from Zhrodague
> <drew at zhrodague.net> wrote:
>
>>       However, let me take this opportunity to remind everyone on the
>>list to backup their systems. After reading the above message, I went and
>>started mine.
>

> how can i backup my system? i have no CD/DVD burner. i do have floppy drive.

You can use your floppy drive to back up your filesystem.  Keep in mind
that the maximum disk space a floppy can hold is 1.44M, so if you have a
20G disk, you'll need 14,563 floppies.  I found a great deal on
www.cdw.com for a 50 pack of floppy disks for $12.33.  So, your backup
would cost a mere $3,591.24.  Sounds like you're saving quite a bit of
money by just buying a new 80G disk for under $100, or buying a DVD
burner and media for under $300.

--
Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>