[wplug] Data Recovery

Chris Ott cott at acclamation.com
Fri Feb 4 13:16:50 EST 2005

beer wrote:
> I had a disk meltdown, anyone know of any data recovery suites that run under *nix?  I've found plenty that handle ext2 and ext3 filesystems but they are win32 executables.

I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago, and I wrote a
program to do it, myself. Let me point out: I just hacked it out in a
few hours, so it's not even *remotely* user-friendly, but I did manage
to recover a fair amount of my hard drive. (The surface was apparently
scratched, and there were a *lot* of bad blocks.)

If you think it might help you, email me and I'll dig it up.

Chris