[wplug] Help wanted with GPL piano tutor midi game

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 10:17:47 EST 2005

I've been working for some time now on a little game that's designed to teach
you how to play piano.  Unfortunately, I am having a hard time getting it done
all by myself.

The project is called pyanoforte.  It works by taking an arbitrary midi file,
displaying the notes in real time, and listening for input from a midi device
(midi keyboard/midi guitar/etc) to see if you play the notes correctly at the
right times.  As far as I know, it's the only free software project of its kind.

You can view the project information here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pyanoforte/

You can also browse the CVS there. It's just a tiny proof of concept application
at this point, but I think it's got potential.  It's written in python and uses
SDL to draw the on-screen animations.

Anyway, I'm looking for help, is there anyone out there interested in working
with me to get this done?  If you're familiar with python *or* midi, or are
extremely motivated to learn, I'd love to have some help with this.  I'd ideally
like to have one or two people who would work with me in person one evening
every week or two and then independently as time permits, but if you want to
submit patches/media/etc. that's always welcome too.

Thanks,
Bryon