[wplug] Compiler questions

Duncan Hutty dhutty+wplug at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 2 16:14:20 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:13, redtoade wrote:
> It seems that streamlining for your particular system's installed
> programs is more important to me than the compiler optimizations that
> other gentoo users promote.

You and Tom have the real point here.
Get rid of the stuff you don't need/want/use. That way there is less to
break, it's easier to integrate, etc. etc. These systems have to be
complicated enough to fulfill our requirements. Simplification is a
major goal for the benefits to resource requirements, ease of
use/maintenance, performance, security, you name it.

Duncan Hutty