[wplug] Any bluetooth on linux experts online?

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Tue Dec 27 11:29:57 EST 2005

I've been using SkypeOut/SkypeIn extensively as part of my work.  So, my
in-laws kindly bought me a zonet zub6111c usb/bluetooth dongle and a
plantronics m2500 bluetooth headset so that I'm not hunched over a
little microphone on my desk. From everything I researched in advance,
this combination was fairly inexpensive and would give me decent range.
(According ot the bluetooth-alsa project the M2500 gets about 25 meter
range.  (good because I pace when I'm on the "phone") )

At anyrate, I am having a very hard time setting it up.  I'm running
ubuntu, and following the directions on
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75978&highlight=bluetooth
+headset

I've gotten kbluetooth up and running, and my device is paired to my pc.
I've gotten the btsco userspace daemon running and all APPEARS happy and
contented.  (/dev/dsp1 even shows up in skype)

However, when I actually try to play something to test the audio, I hear
a "boop-be-boop" in my ear and then static-y silence.  (I've tried
testing this both with xmms and on the comand line using aplay.

Does anyone out their know of any resources that might help me debug
this issue?