[wplug] RE: only for people with time(about linux)

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Dec 22 09:36:36 EST 2005

Duncan Hutty wrote:

> Bill Moran wrote:
>
>> WARNING!  Make backups first.  Last time I looked, Linux's NTFS
>> support was
>> considered dangerous to use in r/w mode.
>

> This is not as painful and risky as it used to be.

Well, from what I can gather, Microsoft keeps updating the NTFS
filesystem features, so the driver status (and quality) is always in
flux.  Check out the status of the kernel driver here:
http://wiki.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=status

I can't say whether KNOPPIX has the latest NTFS support from this
driver.  There are userland ntfs tools too, they might work out better:
http://wiki.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=ntfsprogs
Again, I can't say whether KNOPPIX has a recent version.

linux, and what version of Windows NTFS you are trying to use.