[wplug] mini-itx and CF booting

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Dec 20 13:38:45 EST 2005

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Joe Gallo wrote:

> Did you have to do anything special to make Gentoo work with the Epia?
> (I'm talking about non-standard patches to programs or the kernel,
> drivers, etc, not just installing from a particular stage... which of
> course is an entirely different sort of *special*.)

I tried to do a stage 1 install on my VIA EPIA M10000. I had some
difficulty during 'emerge world' where things would fail to build. I
didn't document the failure clearly, and it's possible that it was a
new-to-gentoo problem. I was trying to tweak the USE variable fairly
heavily. I then ran into a time constraint and failed back to
something I knew better and knew worked.

There are some patches out there for EPIA specific hardware, but I think
they are just enhancements instead of 'must have to get it to work'
things.

Next time I have time, I'll probably try gentoo again.

-james