[wplug] mini-itx and CF booting

Joe Gallo joegallo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:42:31 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 20:34 -0500, Chris Thomas wrote:
> I've put together an epia mini-itx board that boots Gentoo off of a
> compact flash card. If you're looing for small, low-power, low-noise,
> a fanless epia, like a ME6000 is perfect.

Did you have to do anything special to make Gentoo work with the Epia?
(I'm talking about non-standard patches to programs or the kernel,
drivers, etc, not just installing from a particular stage... which of
course is an entirely different sort of *special*.)

I built an Epia into an old NES a few years ago running <shame>Windows
98</shame>.  One of my little projects for the future was to get it
running Gentoo like a good little penguin.

Anything of note in your experience?