[wplug] can we please agree on bottom posting?

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Dec 19 09:11:01 EST 2005

Gentgeen wrote:

>But as you can see I am a top poster.
>I spend SOO much time in email (I am a Teacher for an Online school)
>that the top is just faster, and lets me get on with my work.  I know I
>can't have it both ways, but just my $0.02

I can't agree with this argument.  Most email clients let you configure
whether your reply is top-posted or bottom-posted.  I'm guessing yours
doesn't.

My biggest argument against top-posters isn't really with the fact that
they are posting their reply at the top of the email, but that they
don't bother to trim the contents of what they're replying to.
Sometimes I'll even see a whole digest in the reference text, with only
a couple lines of comment.