[wplug] Procmail/Fetchmail and multible accounts

Brian Sammon wplug-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 17 12:54:39 EST 2005

> Right now I use fetchmail to hand out "copies" of the email. I am
> thinking there has to be a better way.  Right now, fetchmail hits
> kevin_val at comcast.net twice and then hits daughter at comcast.net three
> times.  Seems like a lot of extra network traffic that I should be able
> to eliminate, but can't seem to figure out how.
> poll mail.comcast.net with proto POP3
>         # Drops Comcast mail into Kevin's account
>         user 'kevin_val at comcast.net' there with password 'PASSWORD'
>         is 'kevin' here keep
>         mda '/usr/bin/procmail -d kevin'
>
>         # Drops Comcast mail into Val's account
>         user 'kevin_val at comcast.net' there with password 'PASSWORD'
>         is 'val' here fetchall
>         mda '/usr/bin/procmail -d val'

Have you tried specifying multiple userids on one procmail call?  Something
like
  mda '/usr/bin/procmail -d val kevin'
The procmail manpage on my computer leads me to think that that might work as
expected.

If that works, I wouldn't worry too much about the "is" directive in your
fetchmail configuration as I don't think it affects much (it might affect the
one Received: header that fetchmail inserts in messages)