[wplug] Directory Servers

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri Dec 16 02:33:28 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:03, Nathan Embery wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm about to implement a Directory server here at work for all our
> servers and network equipment. So far, from what little research I've
> done, it looks like OpenLDAP with FreeRadius on top is the way to go.

It took a while to adjust my mindset, but I'm running NSS/PAM LDAP for a
lot of UNIX systems to OpenLDAP, I've got FreeRADIUS on top of that for
the Cisco EAP/TLS/CHAP/802.1x.  Plus I tied in my entire Certificate
Authority / PKI (plus S/MIME PKCS#12 in the LDAP).  Jabber, Apache/PHP,
OpenCA, Samba all tied in, too.

It really is a beautiful thing.

~BAS