[wplug] Directory Servers

Nathan Embery nathan.embery at met-net.com
Thu Dec 15 16:03:06 EST 2005

Hi,
    I'm about to implement a Directory server here at work for all our
servers and network equipment. So far, from what little research I've
done, it looks like OpenLDAP with FreeRadius on top is the way to go.
However, this isn't exactly the easiest thing to set up and maintain.
Now, I've also been reading up on the RedHat Directory Server as well,
and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this were?
    Is anyone using OpenLDAP to authenticate all your servers, with some
sort of Radius server tied in for the network stuff? What type of
pitfalls can I expect? How about the RedHat Directory Server; is it
worth while to investigate? Keep in mind that I have no requirement for
windows machines, this is an all Unix shop.

Thanks,
Nate