[wplug] can we please agree on bottom posting?

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Thu Dec 15 14:29:26 EST 2005

Ryan Moszynski wrote:
> Either bottom post or top post, everyone, all the time.
Cool. After we resolve this, we can start on that little "peace in the
middle east" thing--I think we should get the hard-to-resolve issues
done first. :-)
> I prefer bottom posting, but thats just me.  Whats everyone else think?

So do I. But any time you have two choices, and choice A requires an
iota more effort than choice B, choice B will never be completely
extinguished.

(BTW, I liked the reference to emacs/vi, but this is actually a more
reasonable argument to have. The fact that someone else has developed a
sufficiently-advanced case of Stockholm Syndrome to convince themselves
that they actually _like_ vi doesn't prevent me from using emacs on the
same files; long threads involving combinations of top- and
bottom-posted replies have been known to cause aneurysms among those
who've become accustomed to one or the other).
--
Tim Lesher
tim at lesher.ws