[wplug] We've never given away CDs like this

web at 3dresearch.com web at 3dresearch.com
Wed Dec 14 06:22:02 EST 2005

At 05:12 PM 12/13/2005, you wrote:
><RANT>
>It's a shame one can make more in a day of panhandling than working a job.
>Every time there is an effort to raise the minimum wage at state or
>federal level there is suddenly unity among the parties to soundly
>defeat it, yet these politicians have no problem with voting
>themselves hefty pay raises to supplement their already hefty salaries
>year after year! It's really disgusting. Wages have been very stagnant
>in Pittsburgh the past decade. And we have no national plan to provide
>health insurance of the 40+ million who cannot afford it. I wish
>people would wake up and stop being so apathetic and selfish. It's a
>disgrace that we live in such a rich country yet so few people see any
>of that wealth, and other countries with even a larger population can
>provide superior social benefits, especially in terms of the
>affordability and access to health care and university education.
></RANT>
>Zach
>[...]

Well, increasing the minimum wage will only increase the price of
everything else and won't make minimum wage earners better off.

There is another argument against the minimum wage though. Say, the minimum
wage will be increased to $100/hour. Sounds good - but what if an employer
offered me a job at $50/hour which I find still attractive?

Minimum wage laws only outlaw agreements which people are willingly enter
into otherwise.

Just my 2 cents.

Janos Dohanics
web at 3dresearch.com