[wplug] C Language Question

Diana A. Clarion dclarion at fnordnet.net
Thu Dec 8 17:31:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:53:14PM -0500, Diana A. Clarion wrote:
> I've been looking at some code that involves signal handlers...

Many much thanks, peoples.  I had the suspicion that the strange construct
was used to 'mush up' the variable in question or prevent warnings of some
kind.  You've confirmed those suspicions.

Darned thing is, I couldn't find any reference to such a usage within my
(reasonably extensive) library of textbooks, manuals, etc.  Mewonders if this
was some particular compiler's answer to one of its own problems, or if it
postdates the aforementioned texts.

I'll double-slash the occurrences (there are many) and port it from system to
system, and wait to see if it blows up anywhere....

Thanks again,
DAC

--
Diana A. Clarion, Goddess of the Network
http://www.fnordnet.net/~dclarion