[wplug] C Language Question

Diana A. Clarion dclarion at fnordnet.net
Thu Dec 8 17:18:56 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:45:19AM -0500, Chet Hosey wrote:

> By the way, is this code intended for use with multiple (or non-GCC)
> compilers? I really feel like this is probably to prevent a warning
> somewhere...
>
> Chet

Yes, it is.  This code is actually from Dave Holland's port of 'ftp' to Linux.
Since this is 'ftp', I'll bet you a nickel that the construct was seen as far
back as 1983.

You may well validly criticise my omission of the source of the source, as it
were, but I had this idea of judging the code on its own merit, rather than by
its author or use...

--
Diana A. Clarion, Goddess of the Network
http://www.fnordnet.net/~dclarion