[wplug] SSH and HTTP

Richard Farina r.farina at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 4 20:47:57 EST 2005

Step One:

Download putty

Step Two:

open IE and go to the proxy information section (if it's an
autoconfiguration script, download the script and figure out what the
real proxy server:port is)

Step three:

configure putty to use the proxy

Step four:

enjoy

---
I've watched winamp tv from work through an http only proxy with no
problems.  If the security is REALLY tight, set your home computer to
listen for ssh on 443 (https) [edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config] then connect
through the proxy to port 443, it won't block you because it expects
encrypted data on that port, and that is what it get :-)

I would of course be happy to make a field trip to your place of
business (if convenient to pittsburgh) to help with this :-)

-Rick Farina