[wplug] SSH and HTTP

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sun Dec 4 18:24:37 EST 2005

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 mjames2005 at comcast.net wrote:

> Hi All, I was wondering if there was a way to use http to login in to an
> ssh server.  I spend a lot of time at work and would like to work on my
> pc at home from work. I can't install an ssh client on my pc, a XP based
> machine at work.  I also have the problem of having to go trough a proxy
> server.  If any one has ideas please let me know.

You can't even run PuTTy from a temporary directory?  It doesn't require
any installation.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

There is a program called 'Mindterm' which runs a java ssh shell -- all
you need on the remote client is a web browser.  This program gets
installed on a webserver (anywhere on the Internet), and then you connect
to the program using a web browser and it creates the java ssh client in
the browser.

It says, "Free for personal use."

http://www.appgate.com/products/80_MindTerm/

-Brandon