[wplug] Holiday Linux

Michael H. Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Sat Dec 3 20:44:46 EST 2005

Hello everybody,

My nephew is getting an inexpensive computer for Christmas.  I know at
that age I pretty much owned (0wnzd!) my dad's computer, so I'm excited
for him.

I think there must be a great linux gift out there.  I'm not totally
sure what it is.  I know he's pretty into Nintendo, but I don't know if
he's a real geek.

I've been giving this a little bit of thought, and I think a
subscription to one of those Linux magazines that gives a DVD away each
month might be a good start.  The two I've seen (Linux Format and Linux
User, I think) are both out of the UK and kind of pricey.  We have a
self-imposed spending limit of roughly $35.

Have you gotten someone the gift of Linux?  Tis the season to be Tuxin?
 Thoughts / comments / suggestions welcomed.

Mike