[wplug] Network problems

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:01:22 EDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Poyner, Brandon <bpoyner at ccac.edu> wrote:

> > > Link detected: no
> > >
> > > # arp -an
> > > #
>
> You could also try forcing the ethernet interface to use a specified
> link mode.
>
> /sbin/mii-tool -F 100baseTx-FD eth1
>
> Currently you're trying to autonegotiate and perhaps it just hates your
> switch. I don't think it'll work, but it's worth a shot.

Well, after some googling, I think the issue is with the tg3 module. Most of
the post that I read are out of date and for kernals 2.4.20 and below. I am
using 2.4.29 right now, so the driver should have been fixed. However, I am
going to try the bcm5700 module tomorrow and see if that works.

Thanks,
Chris