[wplug] Network problems

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Aug 30 16:14:08 EDT 2005

>  	Link detected: no
>
>	# arp -an
>	#
>
>	Bare in mind, that I am hand typing this in.
> Without a net connection, burner, or floppy, I
> don't know how to bring the data over.

Huh, 'arp -an' shouldn't return nothing, the system should always list
the mac addresses of all local IP configured ethernet interfaces.  That
coupled with the no link detected makes me think the problem might be at
the hardware level.  I don't think you want to type in the results, but
does 'lspci -vvx' tell you anything useful about the ethernet
controllers?  Also what does /var/log/dmesg have to say about the
ethernet interfaces?

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office