[wplug] Former Redhat 9.0 User

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Aug 30 16:13:21 EDT 2005

Ken Rambler said:
> Any suggestions for a good distro to be used for web hosting and a mail
> server?
> I checked out Fedora but there were so many posts about problems I'm not
> sure it is very stable yet.

If you like the RedHat world, Fedora isn't too bad.

It's pretty bleeding edge compared to RH9, or RHEL, though.  That's why
it has so many problems.  I recommend grabbing FC3 (FC4 is the latest)
and installing all the patches, that will be pretty stable.  When FC5
comes out, upgrade to FC4 and apply all patches.  In that manner, you'll
keep with the most stable version of Fedora.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies